Sunday, October 10, 2010

Laid Back Sunday

Today was a nice family Sunday and one of the few we will have as a whole family for awhile because Mike starts working weekends this coming week.

So to start the day we hung out at home playing video games and just letting the boys be boys. While they were occupied I made the weekly grocery list and decided what will be for dinner in the coming week. After everybody was ready we went to the grocery store and then came home and ate lunch. After homework time with Michael I made a dinner which was a new recipe for roast beef sandwiches for the family which they all really enjoyed especially Mike. Then it was our nightly routine of bath and bed for all the little goobers.

In other news this weekend Matthew was full of surprises. On Saturday night Gabriel and I were playing with a strobe light while Matthew was watching and all of a sudden he let out this full belly laughter response and this was not a short burst he was laughing for a full minute with only stopping for breaths. This was something that he has never done before and it was so cute that I tried to recreate it to take a video but to no avail. Then today while I was feeding him dinner he did the cutest thing... I was in the middle of feeding him when I looked away for a second to check something on Michael's homework when I looked back he was fast asleep.I realized more than every this weekend that time sure does fly and the kids grow up before your very eyes so I treasure each moment we get together knowing that these will be the memories I take with me when they a grown and gone.

2 comments: